Proposer: Blaise Gassend
Present at review:
- List reviewers
Question / concerns / comments
Enter your thoughts on the API and any questions / concerns you have here. Please sign your name. Anything you want to address in the API review should be marked down here before the start of the meeting.
Seems a little odd that the default value for ~skip is 1. Might make more sense for this to be 0. Thus, novice users won't lose half their data
Jeremy: The reason for this is that with intensity turned on and full field of view, this exceeds the hokuyo's bandwidth. Alternatives are to default to a narrower field of view or default to intensity turned off.
- BG: Changed "~skip"'s default to 0, and intensity's default to false.
In order to match the rest of the system (and sicktoolbox_wrapper), parameter ~frameid should probably be ~frame_id
Docs should be explicit about positioning the frame:
"This frame should be at the optical center of the laser, with the x-axis along the zero degree ray, and the y axis along the 90 degree ray"
Might be a little cleaner if the default value is something like NO_FRAME_SPECIFIED
- BG: Default is now "laser".
Any thoughts for a better name than ~skip? This is definitely the most unclear name in this node's ROS API.
- BG: After discussion, it seems that skip is satisfactory.
The ~model_04LX parameter is not necessarily going to generalize well into the future. This should probably be renamed to something like send_scip2_switch, but could potentially be removed all together if it's safe to just run all hokuyos in this mode.
- BG: It has been removed. The driver now always tries to switch to SCIP2.0, and defaults to intensity=false.
- FRAMEID_LASER doesn't feel like the right default frame. This should be chosen according to an appropriate convention. possibilities here are:
Completely unique: hokuyo_<id>
Driver unique: hokuyo
Device-type unique: laser
Non-unique: <empty> or NONE
- BG: Changed default to "laser".
To be filled out by proposer based on comments gathered during API review period
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved