Patch release for gcc 4.4 compatibility.
- Subscriber attempts to recognize and warn when the user passes in a transport-specific topic instead of the base topic.
ImageTransport constructor from NodeHandle is now explicit.
SubscriberFilter takes an ImageTransport argument in constructor and subscribe(). Old versions with a NodeHandle argument are deprecated.
(Camera)Publisher and (Camera)Subscriber methods now mimic roscpp behavior when the object is "invalid" (default-constructed or shutdown).
- Publisher plugin parameter lookup correctly starts in the namespace defined by the base topic.
- Added stream-based read/write functions for INI and YML representations.
- Fixed bug in connection callbacks that sometimes caused a segfault.
- Publisher now throws if it fails to load any plugins.
Got rid of deprecation warning from getSubscriberCallerID().
- Fix for gcc 4.4.
- Made determination of camera info topic more robust.
Tweaked output from list_transports.
Stack passed doc review.
- Removed all deprecated functions and classes.
Fixed compilation bugs in ImageTransport::subscribeCamera().
- Improved output from list_transports.
- Removed deprecated functions.
- Clarified expected lookup behavior for plugin parameters. Involved minor changes to low-level plugin APIs.
Patch release for common's renaming of yaml-cpp to yaml_cpp.
Minor cleanup and doc improvements based on ongoing doc review.
Fixed bug in SimplePublisherPlugin making it unusable for non-trivial transports
Added internal subscription callback support to SimplePublisherPlugin
- Parts of the documentation have been moved to the wiki
Patch release to use new pluginlib exceptions.
image_transport and camera_calibration_parsers both API cleared.
Renamed Publisher and Subscriber classes.
ImageTransport class for advertising and subscribing to image topics. Provides analogous interface to NodeHandle.
Transport used determined by hint to Subscriber instead of a per-topic parameter. Besides being a cleaner model, this allows bag files to work correctly with non-raw transports.
- Full subscriber status callback support in publisher classes.
SubscriberFilter for using image subscriptions with message_filters.
CameraPublisher and CameraSubscriber convenience classes for managing synchronized Image & CameraInfo topics.
- 'list_transports' utility for checking available transports and troubleshooting
- 'republish' utility node for common tasks:
- Interfacing compressed transports with Python or legacy C++ nodes
- Limiting bandwidth and computation on an offboard computer
SimplePublisherPlugin and SimpleSubscriberPlugin greatly simplify implementing your own transport in most cases.
New simplified overloads using CameraInfo instead of separate parameter args.
All deprecated features will be removed in 0.3.
ImagePublisher and ImageSubscriber. Use Publisher and Subscriber instead.
Parts of the PublisherPlugin and SubscriberPlugin have changed, but remain in deprecated form for backwards compatibility.
Functions with separate parameter args have been deprecated in favor of the CameraInfo versions.
- transform node. Replaced by republish.
image_transport is largely backwards compatible with 0.1:
Images published by Publisher can be received by ImageSubscriber
Images published by ImagePublisher can be received by Subscriber
Existing plugins will continue to work with ImagePublisher and ImageSubscriber. However, they will need to be upgraded to work with the new Publisher and Subscriber.
camera_calibration_parsers is fully backwards compatible.