Only released in EOL distros:
3D Model and URDF of the Kinova JACO Arm
- Maintainer status: maintained
- Maintainer: David Kent <dekent AT gatech DOT edu>, Russell Toris <rctoris AT wpi DOT edu>
- Author: Russell Toris <rctoris AT wpi DOT edu>, David Kent <dekent AT gatech DOT edu>, Benzun Pious Wisely Babu <bpwiselybabu AT wpi DOT edu>
- License: BSD
- Bug / feature tracker: https://github.com/RIVeR-Lab/wpi_jaco/issues
- Source: git https://github.com/RIVeR-Lab/wpi_jaco.git (branch: master)
jaco_description contains urdf and xacro files for the JACO arm. It also includes a launch file for reading the robot model and setting up a joint_state_publisher and robot_state_publisher for visualization in tools such as rviz.
This package contains robot description files for the JACO arm, organized into subdirectories as follows:
urdf/ contains xacro representations of urdf descriptions of the arm and its parts, as well as a generated urdf file for the standalone arm.
robots/ contains urdf files for the arm as standalone robots.
meshes/ contains mesh files for visualization and collision properties
To install the wpi_jaco package, you can install from source with the following commands:
The jaco_description package includes a launch file that can be used to load the robot model and setup joint state and robot state publishing used to populate a tf tree and visualize the robot. Once launched, the JACO model can be visualized in tools such as rviz. It can be launched with the following command:
roslaunch jaco_description display.launch
The launch file also includes a parameter (gui) to launch a GUI which can control each joint to test the model's behavior, which can be launched as follows:
roslaunch jaco_description display.launch gui:=true