- Merged two of the diagnostic statuses that were being reported. Now there are only two, which is less confusing.
- Frequency diagnostics get reset in more cases; should result in fewer spurious low frequency warnings.
- Message cleanup. Should now display a message each time an error arises, and each time it recovers.
- Helpful error messages. Should now give a better idea of what is wrong, and point you at the Troubleshooting page.
- Made reads non-blocking so to avoid race conditions upon concurrent access to the port by a misbehaving process.
- Documentation review completed.
- Made the laser reset procedure robust in the case where the laser is still streaming data.
* hokuyo_node: Changed getID so it retries for at least 10 seconds before giving up. This is necessary as the hokuyo takes a while after being plugged in before it is ready to accept commands.
- hokuyo_node: Fixed a bug that would lock up the driver on certain reconfigure events.
- Took out a race condition from the port locking code.
- Made allowable angle range be [-pi:pi].
- Added error checking for out-of-range angles.
- Detects if intensity mode is supported and automatically turns it off if it is not supported.
- Reports firmware version, version name, product name, and protocol version in diagnostics.
- Increased character limit on exception messages.
- Fixed the initialization sequence to properly handle a laser that is scanning.
- Adjusted messages so that the driver will not spew messages when it manages to open a device but fails to get all the way running.
- Updated licenses and package/stack descriptions.
- Removed the node description from doxygen.
First stable release