Proposer: Stuart Glaser
(All these links are to the OLD doxygen location.) This is a review of the ROS APIs of the following controllers ONLY:
Present at review:
- List reviewers
Question / concerns / comments
Enter your thoughts on the API and any questions / concerns you have here. Please sign your name. Anything you want to address in the API review should be marked down here before the start of the meeting.
- CartesianWrench/Twist controllers have no documentation of their ROS API
- Remove all initXML's
- Make clear that only the ROS API is being released.
- Pose controller outputs to the twist controller:
- Twist over wrench is okay, but still strange
- For simplicity of the user interface, we will make all the (cartesian) controllers standalone.
- Pose controller's gains go directly from pose to joint efforts
- Twist feedforward in the pose controller
- As part of the ROS interface? Yes
- Twist also takes in twist and wrench
- Sending a singleton pose feels like the right way to simply command the pose controller.
- It's less clear to send this as a small component of a specified trajectory.
- It would be nice to start THE controller (The Cartesian Controller).
- But having them all in the same controller means that you need to explain what happens when you switch modes.
- But what happens if I start a joint position controller and a joint velocity controller? Their commands compose currently.
- Controllers should share the gains. There should be gains per joint and gains per cartesian-controlled chain).
JointController, CartesianController, and some trajectory controllers separately.
- Can share gains, except for i_clamp
- Want some central storage of kp,ki,kd,i_clamp(both position and velocity) per joint
- Josh really really needs default configurations and launch files for getting certain controllers up. He doesn't want to deal with the configuration step at all.
- Wiki: short list of control options (cartesian control for arms, base, joint trajectories for arms, head, etc...)
- Arm of joint controllers? Just as a launch file? But that doesn't combine the command into one topic (one setpoint).
gains: r_shoulder_pan_joint: ... r_arm: kp kv kpi: kpi_clamp: that other clamp: joints: r_shoulder_pan_joint: gains: kp: kv: kpi: (No: kvi it's actually kp) kpi_clamp: kp_clamp, kvi_clamp??? So, it needs some name, but we're not sure what it is r_shoulder_velocity: type: !JointVelocityController joint: r_shoulder_pan_joint (and the gains are found off this, somehow) (gains: r_shoulder_pan_joint_gains) to find the gains, searchparam for joints r_shoulder_position: type: !JointPositionController joint: r_shoulder_pan_joint (and it picks out the position gains properly) r_arm_cartesian_pose: type: !CartesianPoseController root_name: torso_lift_link tip_name: r_hand
- Gain reuse
- All the controllers are "controller/command", which makes it easy to mix up what you're commanding. "command_position", "command_velocity", ...
- We kind of just want to do "goto position". just support move_arm
To be filled out by proposer based on comments gathered during API review period
Package status change mark change manifest)
Action items that need to be taken.
Major issues that need to be resolved