And also refrence husky_base.
The roch_base package has some demos for testing whether normal for data of sensors, such as ultrasonic， psd, cliff etc. And also has a demo of launch files, you can checkout what in. roch_node is core node for roch_base package. And all hardware interface is configured by roch_control package.
roch_nodeDrivers and communication with ROS and Roch MCU node. Contains ros_control integration via diff_drive_controller, imu_sensor_controller and joint_state_controller.
Subscribed Topicsroch_velocity_controller/cmd_vel (geometry_msgs/Twist)
- Twist velocity command for Roch, muxed in roch_control. External clients should publish to bare cmd_vel topic.
Published Topicsroch_velocity_controller/odom (nav_msgs/Odometry)
- Odometry information from Roch MCU.
- Status information from Roch MCU and roch_node. Also exposed over standard diagnostics interface.
- Debug data for raw Imu sensor, Just for Debugging.
- Imu data processed, used by roch_node.
- Raw command for communication with Roch MCU, for Debugging.
- All sensor' state of Roch, used by roch_node and roch_sensorpc.
Parameters~control_frequency (double, default: 10.0)
- Frequency at which Roch MCU is controlled for velocity and polled for odometry information.
- Frequency at which Roch is polled for diagnostic and status information.
- Diameter for Roch wheel, in meters.
- Max accelerated velocity for Roch.
- Max speed for Roch.
- Command timeout for Roch communication with MCU, in Hz.
- How tall is safety for Roch with cliff sensor can publish, in meters.
- How tall is safety for Roch with psd sensor can publish, in meters.
- Communication port with Roch on PC.
- Imu frame link for Roch description used for sending imu data.
There are have about 5 demos you can run for testing:
And they have common steps for using:
At first, make sure you had finished under:
- 1.Roch has power on.
- 2.USB cable Roch and your computer.
3.Make sure you has run roscore.
rosrun roch_base test_<name_you_want>